10 quick tips how to improve your oral presentation
Updated: Oct 7, 2018
No matter in which field, every good speaker is able to provide you with information, which affects you in some way and makes you think deeper about a certain topic. Here are the top 10 things that can assure your successful oral presentation during GEOLINKS Conference 2019
1. Get to know the conference in which you will participate and understand your audience, its levels of expertise and perspective.
2. Assure yourself that the information you have chosen is high-quality. This includes – accuracy, completeness, consistency, uniqueness, timeliness.
3. Make a plan about your presentation and organize the information in it. Sticking up to a plan decreases the chance of telling unnecessary information and keeps you on track about your topic. Remember – less is more.
4. Practice. Practicing your speech will make you much more confident about it. Even if you accidently add extra details during the presentation, exercising will help you to remember the highlights of your speech.
5. Be creative. Use effective language and remember that your speech cannot be precisely as you have imagined – be ready to improvise.
6. Watch out your body language. Be aware that communication is only 7 percent verbal and 93 percent non-verbal. Show the right posture, gestures and tone of the voice. Establish eye contact. Dress appropriately.
7. Avoid anything that may offend your audience. Be reliable.
8. Grab the attention at the beginning. When we speak, we have about 60 seconds to capture our audience’s attention.
9. Connect with your spectators. Watch for feedback. Ask for their opinion and questions. Show that you actually want to serve, not just impress them.
10. Make a conclusion which will spread more awareness among the audience. Leave a powerful message that your listeners are sure to remember.
Make sure to complete your preparation by reading the Oral Presentation requirements and tips from our team here.